Thread: SQL 7 and SQL 2000 Ent Man

Pete Guest

SQL 7 and SQL 2000 Ent Man

I have recently started to look at SQL 2000 server and obviously want to be able to control all servers at place of work from my desk top ( i.e I do not want to get off my backside if I can help it!!)( SQ 6.5, SQL 7.0 and now moving into SQL 2000). When ever I install a SQL 2000 server I can only see itself and one of the SQL 7 servers that I have. I have installed the 2000 client tools and ent man on my machine ( NT4 SP6a ) and got the same result. Is there a problemm or am I just doing something wrong. I can not believe that you can not see SQL 7 servers with a SQL 2000 Ent Man.....

Can anyone help or have had something similar????

Cheers for any help

Ray Miao Guest

SQL 7 and SQL 2000 Ent Man (reply)

Yes, you can. You should register server first.

------------
    Pete at 1/24/2002 11:37:01 AM

I have recently started to look at SQL 2000 server and obviously want to be able to control all servers at place of work from my desk top ( i.e I do not want to get off my backside if I can help it!!)( SQ 6.5, SQL 7.0 and now moving into SQL 2000). When ever I install a SQL 2000 server I can only see itself and one of the SQL 7 servers that I have. I have installed the 2000 client tools and ent man on my machine ( NT4 SP6a ) and got the same result. Is there a problemm or am I just doing something wrong. I can not believe that you can not see SQL 7 servers with a SQL 2000 Ent Man.....

Can anyone help or have had something similar????

Cheers for any help